Home Fire Sprinklers Save Lives! ACFCA recommends homeowners install a home fire sprinkler system. When seconds count, home fire sprinklers provide confidence in you and your loved ones’ ability to survive a home fire event. Green Research has found homes with a fire sprinkler system reduces the environment impact caused by a fire.
Any house, any community, any water supply – home fire sprinklers make our communities safer. #HomeFireSprinklerWeek
Living With Sprinklers is Easy
- Fire sprinklers require almost no maintenance and only work when you need them.
- Do a simple flow test about twice a year or have your sprinkler contractor do it for you.
- Occasionally do a visual inspection of the controls and sprinklers.
- Use a padlock to keep the water valve in the ON position.
- Teach your children fire sprinklers are not toys and should not be played with.
- NEVER hang anything on the sprinklers, even temporarily.
- Do not paint the sprinklers. And if you hire painters, make sure they know not to paint them.
- Don’t block the sprinklers with furniture or fabrics. If the spray is blocked the sprinkler cannot put out a fire.
- Most important, DON’T WORRY. Sprinklers are not complicated.
A message from California State Fire Marshal on Home Fire Sprinkler Systems
Click here to add your own text